Be Witnessed/Be Heard Election Edition
Time & Location
About The Event
When you register for this event you will receive an email with the zoom link to join us on Nov. 8th.
This event is about providing space for authentic sharing for people to say what they need to say, and be heard and witnessed, right where they are. No matter who you voted for, you will likely have some strong feelings about this election. We are committed to beginning to heal the rift in our country, and that starts with people hearing each other right where they are. Each person will have an opportunity to speak while the others remain silent, simply listening. We will ask you to speak from your own experience, and share your own story, of what it is like to have your perspective. We will not be debating what we think should be or trying to come to consensus on issues. We will also not have disrespectful talk or candidate-bashing. We are here to listen and be witnessed. Please note, you do not have to speak to participate and experience the benefits.
- To give people space to share how the election is affecting them
- To help us all move through this time with ease and compassion for each other
- To begin to heal as a nation and reconnect with each other
*** Zoom Logistics *** Please Read ***
- We suggest using your laptop or desktop (instead of your phone) so that you can see and engage with more of the participants by using the gallery view (top right icon)
- We will be closing the meeting to newcomers about ten minutes in, so please be on time. We will not have people join late who haven't reviewed and agreed to the ground rules that we have crafted in order to create a respectful, workable space.
- When you join the meeting, please turn your video on and make sure your name is showing. (Click on “Participants.” Go to your name. Click “More” and use the “Rename” feature in the drop-down menu.) We request you use your video because as we’re not physically together, being able to see each others’ faces will help us feel heard.